Sunday, March 6, 2011

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas!

Well today is the day- the day to get back on track.  I got really frusterated when I made awesome choices  and didn't see the change on the scale.  Yesterday afternoon, I met with a wellness coach and she reminded me that if it took all of college to get to a place where I was unhappy with my weight, it will take a bit of time to loose it too!  She thought now was a great time to get the ball rolling with weight loss and it will speed up in the summer when people typically eat lighter and are more active.  So armed with her words of encouragement, I start off again today with new goals:

1. Start my day with a glass of lemon water.
2. Eat.  (I often go all day without eating and then eat too much for dinner).
3. Include protein in each meal but especially at breakfast!

Here is yet another picture of mush in a bowl.  I feel like most of what I like to eat is just a concoction of a ton of things mixed together- but it's so yummy!  It tastes SO MUCH better than it looks!



I started out last night by soaking 1/2 cup of steel cut oats in the fridge with some water.  Then this morning I drained the water, put the oats into a saucepan and added 1 1/2 cups of water.  Then I brought it to a boil.  After it was boiling I reduced it to a simmer and stired from time to time.  It takes about 25 minutes however during the last 5 minutes I added in my fruit (1 chopped apple and 1 banana), spice (1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon), and protein (2T of peanut butter).  I though this recipe would be amazing with Peanut Butter Co's Mighty Maple or The Bees Knees but I happened to have Dark Chocolate Dreams on hand and that was also pretty great!  If you do WW then it's 6 points plus per serving :)

I'm off to file taxes (maybe... I didn't get the car donation info yet!), get some work done, and workout later tonight... Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment