Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Sunday!

Today is off to a great start!  Why?  Because it's weigh in day!!!  Last Saturday I met with a wellness consultant who helped me develop some strategies for healthier eating and meal planning.  All week I felt better and had more energy however today was the day to get quantitative data to show if her plan was working.  The result- I lost 1.8 pounds which is more that I lost the whole month of February let alone in one week.  I know many people loose much more than 1.8 pounds but for me anything more than .2 is something to celebrate :)

Last night was fun!  I had friends over for a wine night.  We had lots of amazing, healthy, organic food along with some pizza rolls that someone brought!  They were yummy too though!  I'm so not a food snob!
Photo by Sarah Kim

This morning I slept in, surfed the internet while I drank my daily lemon water and now I'm finally getting around to breakfast- at nearly 11am!  Today's breakfast is a Peanut Butter and Banana Chia Breakfast Bowl which is AMAZING despite how it looks in the picture.

Peanut Butter and Banana Chia Breakfast Bowl
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon goi berries
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 banana
1 glob of peanut butter (I like Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful)
drizzle of honey

1. Place chia seeds, hemp seeds, and goji berries in a tiny cup.  Add water, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes. 
2. While you're waiting, grab a cereal bowl slice 1 banana and add a glob (technical term) of peanut butter on top.
3. After 5 minutes, scoop out the seeds and put them on top of your banana.  Also add the pumpkin seeds.  Mix, drizzle with honey, and serve.

This is SO yummy and super healthy!  Have a great Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment