Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Beck Diet Solution: Day Two

I've decided that since my weight probably has an emotional component that I'm not realizing, it would be a good idea for me to follow The Beck Diet Solution which uses cognitive therapy to help people lose weight.  Day One asked me to write down the reasons I want to lose weight.  I have to look back on this list frequently to remember why I'm doing what I'm doing :)  Day Two asked that I choose two diet plans.  I will start with one of them and move into the other if the first one doesn't work out.

Diet Plan: Bob Greene's Best Life Diet

This diet is more of a lifestyle change than anything else which is why I selected it.  Oprah had no impact on my decision!  In phase one, I'll...
  • Weigh myself once and not again or at least four weeks.  
  • Eliminate alcohol and, in turn, drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, take two Omega 369 capsules daily, and also two calcium supplements daily.  
  • Eat a large breakfast daily with lots of nutrients.
  • Increase my activity level.  Since my current plan is to workout daily for 30 minutes, I'll need to increase my activity to level 5 once I start this program which is 360+ minutes of cardio per week or about two workouts daily.  I plan to do a hard one in the morning and a fun one in the evening such as a bike ride, yoga, or a dance class.  I'll also have to strength train every morning. It's important to me to reach level 5 because at some point, I'd love to be the type of person who exercises every day and then has active fun in the evenings. 
Diet Plan 2: You On A Diet
 
















This diet is also more of a lifestyle.  I'm not good at doing restrictive diets so both ones I selected are lifestyle changes.  Hopefully I don't need this diet but if I do, I already own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment