Sunday, September 25, 2011

Veggie Lentil Soup

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I made an amazing veggie lentil soup from Appetite for Reduction .  The recipe is below and I tweaked it a bit.


Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 ribs celery
3 carrots
1 sweet potato
1 zucchini
1 cup lentils
6 cups broth
6 oz tomato sauce
two handfuls of spinach chopped


Directions:
Put olive oil in soup pot and heat it up.  Then add onions and garlic.  Saute until they are translucent.  Add the spices and cook another minute.

Add veggies, broth, and lentils.  Bring to a boil with lid on, then reduce to low and cook for 45 minutes.

Add spinach and tomato sauce.  Serve :)

The soup with some bread made my a certain guy I know :)

1 comment:

  1. The soup looks great! It looks like just the right consistency. I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete